This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes our privacy practices for individuals in the United States when we process:
a) Personal information for the purposes of providing the benefits of the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp platform, which is collectively, all InfoCentre’s services, sites, experiences and software (including through our mobile applications and desktop applications); and/or
b) Personal information as necessary to manage, run and improve our business.
InfoCentrestores personal information as a service provider for our users. This information includes registration information, stories, journals, photographs, videos, audio files, PDF files and other kinds of personal information.
In order to access the benefits we make available in the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform, data entered into one service or feature becomes a part of your InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Account.
The personal information contained within your InfoCentre Account is the combination of information that InfoCentre has about you. Your InfoCentre Account includes your credentials; your name and contact details; payment information; information about your activities; the content you place in our platform; information we have collected about you from third-party sources and insights that are associated with you.
The information in your InfoCentre Account will be shared across the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform to generate our various offerings, services and experiences and otherwise maximize the benefits to you of our platform.
The personal information that we receive about you depends on the context of your interactions with InfoCentre, how you configure your InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Account and the choices that you make, including your privacy settings. Personal information that you provide may also depend upon what services or experiences you use, your location and applicable law.
• Creating an account. We collect information when you create an account, interact with our Platform or activate a subscription. Personal information may include your contact information (such as your name, address, phone number and email), profile photo, billing information (your payment information), usernames and credentials.
• Customer support, product research, training and feedback. We may collect personal information when you reach out to us for support, give us feedback, participate in optional surveys, product research or training and you choose to share (“Communication Information”).
• Social and community content. We receive content you post on our social media pages and our community pages.
• Information about others: Please see the section titled, “Information provided by others”, below.
We may collect certain information about you when you access or use the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform. This may include:
• Device information. We may collect information about your device such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, log information, error messages, device type, and unique device identifiers . For example, we may collect IP addresses from you as part of our sign in and security features.
• Content. We may receive information about you, your life, your family, your business, your photos, videos, audio files, journals, notes, etc.
• Usage information. We may collect usage information such as the pages you viewed, the features you use, your browser type and details about any links with which you interact.
• Location information. Certain features in our platform may collect your precise location information, device motion information, or both, if you grant permission to do so in your device settings. For example, if you use our time-tracking service.
• Expert advice. Our platform provides many opportunities for you to connect with live experts, including, for example, writers, videographers, web developers, photo editors, audio editors, or designers. When you interact with these experts, we may receive information about the questions you ask, the details of your life history and the guidance provided to you.
• Camera and contacts. Certain features may have access to your camera and contacts if you grant permission in your device settings.
• Information from cookies and other technologies. InfoCentre and our service providers may use commonly used tools such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, local shared objects and similar technologies (collectively "cookies") to collect information about you (“Cookie Information”) so we can provide the experiences you request, recognize your visit, track your interactions, and improve your and other customers' experience. The InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform is not currently configured to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals because at this time no formal “Do Not Track” standard has been adopted. You have control over some of the information we collect from Cookies and how we use it.
• Information stored locally. Some of our web-enabled desktop services and offerings synchronize with the information on your computer. We may also store personal information locally on your device.
Some services and experiences in the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform require you to provide information for it to function. If you do not wish to provide the required information, you may not be able to use certain features.
We collect and process personal information from you only where:
• We have your consent to do so
• We need the personal information to perform a contract with you or provide a service to you
• Provide you with the benefits of the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform and operate our business
• The processing is in our legitimate business interests
• To comply with legal requirements, including applicable laws and regulations
• Provide you with the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform and create your InfoCentre Account
• Improve our products and services
• Run and manage our business, including resolving billing and financial disputes
• Evaluate your eligibility for financial offers, products and services
• Connect you with experts and other users
• Communicate with you
• Advertise and market our services and experiences
• Personalize your experience, including through the development of insights about you and your needs
• Provide you with support and resolve disputes
• Conduct research, including by partnering with academic institutions
• Comply with our legal and regulatory requirements
• Protect the rights, property, safety or security of InfoCentre,the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform, our customers, employees or others and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity
• To enforce, remedy or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements
To provide you with valuable personalized advice, recommendations and experiences, we may process your personal information using automated and manual (human) methods. Our automated methods may include artificial intelligence (AI) and a range of technologies that help our services learn and reason to improve our ability to personalize and enhance your experience in the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes that are compatible with the disclosed purposes if and where this is permitted by applicable law.
From time to time, we may need to share your information in the following circumstances:
With your consent. We share your information with third-parties when you have requested us to do so.
For research. With appropriate controls, we may share information with third-parties for research purposes or to publish academic or policy-related materials. We only share information in a way that would not allow any individual to be identified.
For joint sales, promotions and events. We may share your information with third-parties who are jointly providing sales initiatives, promotions or events with us.
With service providers. We share personal information with our service providers who provide services on our behalf for the purposes described in this Statement. Service providers are required to implement reasonable privacy and information protection controls to maintain the privacy and security of information provided to them consistent with the privacy practices outlined in this Statement.
For mergers and acquisitions. If we are involved with a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation, bankruptcy, or the acquisition of all or part of our business to another company (collectively, a “Transaction”), we may share your information with that company and its advisors before and after the Transaction date.
Sales of personal information to third parties. We do not and will not sell personal information to third parties. We do share personal information with third-parties for the business purposes described in this Statement.
With our affiliates and subsidiaries. We may share your information with and among our affiliates and subsidiaries for everyday business purposes (as described in this Statement) as well as for marketing purposes.
Your Right to Limit information Sharing: certain laws, including Federal Law for our US customers, provides our customers with the right to limit our information sharing activities in certain circumstances. For example, you may have the right to limit our sharing of information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates for everyday business purposes or to limit sharing of your information to both affiliates and third-parties for marketing purposes.
Other companies’ products, services and applications may use or integrate with our InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform, or otherwise be offered through our InfoCentre Platform or LifeHistoryApp.com or Non-InfoCentre Services. If you choose to link, sync or otherwise use any of these Non-InfoCentre Services you consent and direct InfoCentre to share your information, including personal information, to the company providing the Non-InfoCentre Services. Non-InfoCentre Services are subject to the applicable terms and privacy statement of the company providing the service.
Some of our features enable you to connect to a social media account or share information on social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter. Any information you choose to share on social media may potentially be visible to a global audience and will be subject to the social media provider's privacy policies (not this Statement). You should take care only to share information on social media that you are comfortable sharing. You may also directly or through links, share information within your LifeHistoryApp workspace with others.
InfoCentre may use advertising networks and other providers to display advertising on our InfoCentre Platform or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our advertising partners may place cookies on unaffiliated websites in order to serve advertisements that may be relevant to you based on your browsing activities and interests and determine the effectiveness of such advertisements.
We may share your information with third-parties for legal reasons, including:
• When we reasonably believe disclosure is required in order to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law, regulation or legal process
• To protect the rights, property, or safety of InfoCentre, the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform, our customers or others
• To protect or defend against attacks
• To enforce, remedy, or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements
• To prevent fraud, cybersecurity attacks or illegal activity
• For debt collection
• With regulatory agencies, as necessary to help detect and combat fraud and/or protect our customers, users and/or the InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Platform.
Regardless of your location, we believe that all persons should have privacy and information protection rights and choices.
Depending on where you live, you may have certain state-specific legal rights with respect to your personal information that we collect and process.
If you are an individual in the United States, you can file a request or take action on one of your rights by emailing us at [email protected]
If you are a California resident, you may have the following rights:
Verification. In order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your login credentials before you can submit a rights request. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect that your account has suffered fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional personal information for verification. If we are subsequently unable to confirm your identity, we may refuse your rights request.
Authorized agents. You may use an authorized agent to submit a rights request. If you do so, the agent must present signed written authorization to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity or your legal authority or ownership of the personal information with us.
Access. You may have the right to access the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the sources from which that information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of personal information we sold about you, the categories of third parties to whom we sold personal information about you, and the categories of personal information we disclosed for a business purpose.
Deletion. You may have the right, under certain circumstances, to request that we delete the personal information you have provided to us.
Non-discrimination. You have the right to be free from discrimination related to your exercise of any of your California privacy rights.
Please note that we may claim legal exemptions for certain types of personal information from all or certain parts of the CCPA pursuant to various CCPA exemptions.
You have choices when it comes to managing the privacy of your personal information.
Update your privacy settings. You may update your privacy settings by visiting your InfoCentre Account settings.
Manage marketing communications from us. To update your marketing communication preferences, you can go to the marketing preference tools in your InfoCentre LifeHistoryApp Account settings. You may also click unsubscribe at the bottom of the marketing emails or respond with STOP to SMS messages.
Download a copy of your personal information. You may request a copy of your personal information by emailing us at [email protected]
Correct your personal information. You can edit and correct your personal information at any time by changing it directly in our products and services.
Delete your personal information. You may request for us to delete your personal information by emailing us at [email protected]
Cookies and other tracking technologies. You can find information on changing your browser settings to opt-out of cookies in your browser settings or make changes to your cookies settings by using our cookie preferences tool. If you disable some or all of the cookies the service, or parts of the service may not work.
Even if you opt-out of such cookies or otherwise opt-out of interest-based advertising, you will still receive advertisements, they just won't be tailored to your interests. If you opt-out and later delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
Cookies are tracked differently between browsers, products, and devices. InfoCentre does not control the functionality of your browser, certain browsers may not allow you to access our consent manager or may require you to periodically reset your settings.
Unless you specifically ask us to delete your personal information as explained in section “Your information rights and choices,” above, we retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to comply with our data retention policies and obligations. For example, we may maintain your InfoCentre Account for our legal or regulatory compliance needs (e.g. maintaining records of transactions you have made with us), to exercise, establish or defend legal claims and to protect against fraudulent or abusive activity on our service.
There may be occasions where we are unable to fully delete or de-identify your information due to technical or other operational reasons. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable measures to securely isolate your personal information from any further processing until such time as we are able to delete or de-identify it.
In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we reserve the right to transfer your information, process and store it outside your country of residence to wherever we or our third party service providers operate.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks
We may transfer your personal information to and process and store your personal information in other countries in compliance with applicable law. Some of these countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information remain protected. When InfoCentre transfers your personal information from the European Union, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland to the United States or other countries, we rely on one or more of the following legal mechanisms: EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, European Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses, and your consent in limited circumstances.
We use physical, technical and organizational safeguards designed to protect your information. However, despite these controls, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your information. We backup your data daily.
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or our practices, please contact us:
Submit your privacy question by emailing us at [email protected]
Direct Mail: InfoCentre, LLC, Attention: Privacy Administrator, 2598 W Pebble Creek Drive, Lehi, UT 84043-4768
From time to time we may change or update our Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to make changes or updates at any time. If we make material changes to the way we process your personal information, we will notify you by posting a notice in our platform or on a community post, by sending you a notification or by other means consistent with applicable law.
Please review this Privacy Statement periodically to stay informed about how InfoCentre protects your privacy.
Our services are not intended for or directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 13. If you believe we may have information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.